Sleddog race in Kõrvemaa on October 14-15
Balto Sügiskross 2023 is held according to IFSS race rules. Race organiser is Sled Dogs Club Baltosport. IFSS Race Marshal: Ülle Aaslav-Kaasik (IFSS Race Judge), Race Judge: Margus Harak.
Address: Kõrvemaa. https://sportlandkorvemaa.ee/?lang=en
The competition is two-day race, which means that in order to receive the result, the track must be passed both on Saturday and Sunday, because the times of both days will be summarised.
- 11:00 – 13:00 Trail opened, vet control and equipment control
- 12:00 – 13:00 Registration
- 13:15 Opening Ceremony. Track instruction. Track closed
- 14:00 Heat I, competitors starting times
- 15:45 Kids canicross heat I
- 17:30 Meeting, day summary
- 10:00 Heat II
- 11:45 Kids canicross heat II
- Award Ceremony starts in 2 hrs after the last competitor has finished
The length of the track is 4.8 km in all classes except in the junior canicross with 2.8 km and kids’ canicross – DCK1, DCK2 ca 660 meters and youth canicross (DCY) ca 1400 metres long. There may be changes in the length of the tracks, but only if strictly necessary and in accordance with IFSS rules. The track is best described as a forest trail with ascents and descents.
The start list for the first day is based on the draw, the starts for the second day will be based on the results of the first day.
False turns will be blocked by a net, marker tape or sign.
RACE CLASSES AND COMPETITORS AGES
A competitor has the opportunity to make a maximum of two starts on one day of competition. Double starts in the same race class and category are not allowed. Example based on the DBW class: it is not allowed to participate twice in the DBW RNB class, but it is allowed to start in two different categories, namely the DBW Open and the DBW RNB.
Double starters are kindly asked to take into account that his next start may be 10-15 minutes after finishing and there may not be enough time to rest properly.
DR4 (3 or 4 dogs; men and women together) Juniors – birth year from 2006 to 2010, Elite – birth year until 2005.
DSW1 and DSM1
Youth birth year from 2011 to 2013, Juniors – birth year from 2006 to 2010, Elite – birth year until 2005
DS2 (1 or 2 dogs; men and women together) Elite – birth year until 2005.
DBW and DBM
Juniors – birth year from 2006 to 2008, Elite – birth year from 1985 to 2005, Veterans – birth year until 1984.
DCW and DCM
Juniors – birth year from 2006 to 2010, Elite – birth year from 1985 to 2005, Veterans – birth year until 1984.
KIDS’ AND YOUTH CANICROSS
DCK1 (boys and girls) – birth year from 2016.
DCK2 (boys and girls) – birth year from 2014 to 2015.
DCY (boys and girls) – birth year from 2011 to 2013. If possible, separate classes DCWY and DCMY will be opened.
Youth, juniors and veterans compete in a separate count if there are at least 5 competitors in the same age category in the class.
- Open class
All dogs excluded from the nordic breed category.
- FCI registered nordic breed dogs:
RNB1: siberian huskies
RNB2: alaskan malamutes, greenland dogs, canadian eskimo dogs, samoyeds and yakutian laikas with an FCI / EKL registered breed certificate.
The Nordic breed category will be awarded separately in each race class under the following terms:
- At least 5 nordic breed entries in one class. This term does not apply to the canicross classes.
- In Dog Scooter and Rig classes (DS1, DS2 and DR4-6) the nordic breed category is divided into RNB1 and RNB2 subcategories under the condition that they each have at least 5 entries in RNB1-category and RNB2-category.
Information about the classes which will be open will be published on the first days of the competition week.
DEMANDS FOR DOGS AND VET INFO
All competing dogs must be healthy, vaccinated and microchipped. Dogs participating in all main classes must be at least 18 months old on the day of the competition. In kids´ and youth canicross the dogs must be at least 12 months old. All dogs racing in nordic breed category must have an FCI registered pedigree, otherwise, they have to compete in open class. Switching dogs during the competition are not allowed. It is mandatory to present the dog´s veterinary passport at the on-site veterinary check.
DEMANDS FOR COMPETITION EQUIPMENT
All competition equipment must be in accordance with the IFSS race rules.
Race Marshall and the judge(s) will randomly check in the Stake-out area and the start area before the start the accordance of the competition equipment and used animal welfare measures.
NB! The use of carabiners that do not comply with the IFSS rules is not allowed in the competition area (incl. on leashes, on stake-out lines, etc.!).
Competitors are allowed to share their equipment with one person if they have notified the organisers via the registration form and if they do not start twice using the same equipment.
From 01.08 to 1.10 Elite, juniors and veterans 50€ / kids 15€
From 2.10 to 8.10 Elite, juniors and veterans 65€ / kids 15€
From 9.10 to 14.10, registration is no longer possible.
Competitor´s second start – 20€ off the registration fee.
Changing an already registered class up to 1.10 is free of charge. Without a good reason (e.g. veterinary indication, accident, etc.) the fee for changing the class from 2.10 to 8.10 is 15 €. From 9.10, it is possible to change the class only in case of very good reason.
Registration fee includes timing, digital diploma and a soup on Saturday.
Your registration is confirmed successfully after we have received registration fee via bank transfer on Kelgukoerte Klubi Baltosport account. IBAN: EE94 2200 2210 5480 3650 / Swift (BIC): HABAEE2X / Bank name: SWEDBANK AS / Bank address: Liivalaia 8, 15040 Tallinn.
In payment order write invoice number.
All competitors who finish the race receive a digital diploma, the first three from each class where is at least 5 competitors (3 in rig classes) receive a cup/medal. In addition, prizes will be awarded by the competition sponsors. If there are at least 5 youth, juniors or veterans in the bikejoring, one dog scooter and canicross class they will be awarded separately from adults.
All finishers will receive a digital diploma.
- Contestant’s responsibility
- By participating, each participant confirms that he/she is responsible for the health condition and athletic preparation of himself/herself and his/her dog or dogs, and participates in the stage entirely at his/her own risk and fulfills the requirements of this guide and the IFSS competition regulations. In the case of differences between the IFSS and this manual, the latter applies.
- The competitor releases the organizer, judges and other persons contributing to the competition from responsibility in case of injuries on the track or in the competition area.
- Each participant is responsible for his own safety and the safety of himself in relation to fellow competitors.
- All minor participants are under the responsibility of a parent or guardian on the track.
- The competitor is obliged to be respectful towards the organizing team. Disrespectful behavior towards the organizer is punishable by a written warning, a 3-minute time penalty or disqualification from the competition.
- Contestant privacy
- By participating in the competition, the contestant grants the organizer the right to use the photos taken for public use.
- The contestant undertakes to always provide correct information.
- The provided data is used for the organization of the competition and for sending information e-mails.
- You can explore the trail at a reasonable pace. You can explore the trail with your dog only on foot.
- While the competitors are on the track, the competitor who is not competing at that moment, or the persons accompanying him, may not be on the track with the dogs.
ADVERTISING AND SELLING AT RACE AREA
Advertising and sales must be coordinated with the organizer. Advertising and selling products at race area are free for race sponsors.
ACCOMMODATION INFO AND BOOKINGS
Kõrvemaa matka- ja suusakeskus
Jäneda mõisa külalistemaja
Valgehobusemäe suusa- ja puhkekeskuses has 54 accommodation places. For information and booking please contact email@example.com or call + 372 666 1122.
Kallisaba Puhkemaja has 33 accommodation places. For information and booking please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +372 520 7423.
Uuejärve Matkapesa kodumajutus
BALTO SÜGISKROSS 2023 ORGANISERS
Anu Raja – representative officer
Tarvo Siim – trail master
Facebook Event: Balto Sügiskross 2023 / IFSS World Cup
The competition organiser reserves the right to make some changes if necessary. Please refer to our website or Facebook event for additional information.